Tuesday, March 20, 2012

BATTLE OF THE CUPCAKE HOUSES

This month, me and my friends are crazy about cupcake houses and they're sprouting rapidly in the city! So we've visited 2 of the these sweet houses and here's my fearless and unofficial critique. =) 

  Exhibit A: CUPCAKEN  
  LOCATION: Banawa, Cebu City, near Paseo Arcenas  
  OPENS: 2pm (we were so excited, we arrived an hour early!) 


  If you like pink, then this is your place!, The interiors are a combination of white, pink and other pastel shades. The ground level houses the counter and a few chairs, but the spacious 2nd floor can cater to cupcake maniacs who wants to lounge and bum around. 

  The good stuff..  


  We each bought a box of four, my box (lower right) contains a coffee, mocchiato, chocolate overload and a red velvet cupcake. I so love the red velvet (uber safe choice for first timers). The chocolate overload is also a best seller and is recommended for all chocoholics. Lastly, the carrot cupcake is a personal fave, it's not too sweet and the texture is just right to tickle my palette! 


Exhibit B: Sweet Little Things (SLT)
LOCATION: somewhere near Parklane/Ayala
OPENS: 10am til 12mn


  A few weeks later we went to SLT to satisfy our sweet cravings. I must say i'm impressed with this little cozy nook.  The minimalist interiors and the A+ customer service really made me feel warm and comfortable. 

The sweet little things..  


  We each bought a box of 3 (but I secretly  came back and bought another box of 6)  My first box contained  a red velvet (it's safe and yes i am a red velvet addict but the chocolate chips inside the cupcake makes this different from the rest i've tasted), triple chocolate (for chocoholics) and blueberry crumble. The cupcakes are moist and fluffy as expected, but the surprise twists in every piece makes each one special.  


  I got my 2nd box and I added the Flourless mudpie (another one for the chocomaniacs), Lemon Poppyseed (trust me! you have to try this!) and cinful apple (cinnamon makes me nauseous, but i guess they just placed the right amount to compliment the apple flavor).   


  THE FEARLESS CONCLUSION...  
 I personally prefer SLT over cupcaken because of the location, interiors (i'm more on earth tones and minimalism) and i am such a sucker for uber moist cupcakes!  But you should go and try them personally, at the end of the day, we do have our preference on which piece of cake is worth the extra cellulite. =)  

  P.S. thanks to wyn and steph for the pics! =)  


No comments:

Post a Comment